ERMC accepts applications from independent students for the
- Foundation Award in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Certificate in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- BA in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- Postgraduate Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission
- MA in Theology, Ministry and Mission.
Please contact us for further details.
Church Sponsored Students (Ordinands and Readers/Licenced Lay Ministers in Training)
Open Days are a useful way to find out more about ERMC, meet the team and sit in on some teaching. The next Open Day in 2024 will be on Saturday March 16 at High Leigh Conference Centre, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire. Please click here for further information.
ERMC provides non-residential training for ordinands of the dioceses of Chelmsford, Ely, Europe, Norwich, Peterborough, St Albans and St Edmundsbury & Ipswich. Occasionally we also accept ordinands from other dioceses.
For Anglicans thinking about ordination, you need to see your Diocesan Director of Ordinands:
- Chelmsford: The Revd Tim Goodbody
- Ely: The Revd Dr Catherine Wright
- Europe: Canon William Gulliford
- Norwich: The Revd Dr Michael Fox
- Peterborough: The Revd Haydon Spenceley
- St Albans: The Revd Canon Dr Tim Bull or The Revd Philip Waller
- St Edmundsbury & Ipswich: The Revd Stuart Batten
For Methodists wanting to candidate for student ministry, you will need to be in touch with the person in your District who is in charge of Extending Discipleship, Exploring Vocation (EDEV). Unfortunately ERMC is no longer a validated route for Methodist Ordination Training.
Readers and Licensed Lay Ministers (LLM)
ERMC trains Readers and Licensed Lay Ministers in partnership with the Ely, Europe, Norwich and St Albans Reader/LLM Training Courses. If you are interested in training for this ministry, you need to see your Diocesan Warden of Readers.
The Admissions Process for Church Sponsored Students
The Admissions Process consists of attending our Open Day and/or an open evenings at the Cambridge, St Albans and Norwich teaching centres, to experience the teaching and community life there. There will be a fairly informal interview to discuss the training we can offer you. Please complete and submit the ERMC Application Form before the interview. All going well you will then receive an acceptance letter as well as additional information soon thereafter.
Please note: There will be an induction session in late June or early July – a couple of dates will be available in our centres and an online version can be arranged.
Our term begins with Summer School which takes place in the last full week of August ending on the English Bank Holiday Saturday. For new students the Summer School begins on the Sunday before this.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact us.